Friday, December 26, 2008

primero semana en oaxaca - mi casa y escula

My first week in Oaxaca was a whirlwind of excitement and exhaustion. I was so scared stepping of the plane. My first thought was please god let my luggage be here, my second thought was please let my ride be here. Both were in great safe condition. Yolanda my señora was very nice and upbeat though i barley understood her she immediately set me at ease. I was so happy when i arrived to my house it was clean, private and had hot water!(which many of my friends do not have)



The house is very nice and comfortable, it is designed so that is stays cool with out AC. I swear sometimes it 90 degrees outside and i am wearing a sweater in my room. It is actually quite interesting the are from the street the House looks quite small but inside there are 8 bedrooms. Each one connects to these vents that lead to the roof. it is the windiest house i have ever been in.









Directly behind my house is a wonderful Park. It is a lot of fun to sit and read. On the weekends and in the early evening the park is field with families. The children ride their bike and play soccer. It is very peaceful.




I love the walking lifestyle I have in Oaxaca, It is very relaxing. Every day I walk through this park and passed this Church on my way to school.








My school is beautiful. It is an oasis in the city. It used to be an old family estate but the owner turned it in to a school 20 years ago. In addition to Spanish class we have cultural classes in the afternoon in which we learn about the art and life of the surrounding ingenious Pueblos.







































































No comments:

Post a Comment